KEGG FTP Academic Subscription
The KEGG FTP Academic Subscription is a paid service managed by Pathway Solutions for those academic users who wish to bulk-download KEGG data and/or to provide outside services using KEGG data (see Academic use of KEGG).
Subscription types and feesThe KEGG FTP Academic Subscription is available to academic users belonging to academic institutions for the purposes of academic research. There are three subscription types:
- Single end user (see: agreement) -- for end use by a single individual
- Multiple end users (see: agreement) -- for end use by multiple people in an organization
- Service provider (see: agreement) -- for use by a research group providing academic services
(Note) As of 13 September 2023, the naming of KEGG FTP subscription types was changed: Personal use to Single end user; Organizational use (end use only) to Multiple end users; and Organizational use (with service provider rights) to Service Provider.
How to subscribeTo obtain a subscription, please follow the instructions below.
- The single end user type is limited to personal end use. When KEGG FTP data is downloaded by a single person, but the data is used by multiple people in the lab, please select the multiple end users type.
- The multiple end users type is given to an organization, which may be a laboratory, a department, or an institution depending on who signs the agreement.
- When an organization consists of multiple research groups, the multiple end users type allows each group to download and use KEGG FTP data. It does not allow setting up a local copy of KEGG FTP data.
- The service provider type is a form of academic service provider license given to a research group who develops and provides software tools, web services, etc. utilizing KEGG.
- A subscription request must be made by an actual user of KEGG FTP data. Requests made by a non-research group, such as a library or an IT service department, are no longer accepted.
- You will be contacted by Pathway Solutions with necessary documents.
- Fill in the order form, sign the agreement, and send them back to Pathway Solutions.
- Your order and academic qualification will be examined, and once approved we will send you an invoice.
- You will be granted access to the KEGG FTP site after your payment is confirmed.
- We will decline your order if any irregular request or negotiation is involved.
- This includes the burden of non-standard procedures imposed by purchasing departments.