KEGG FTP Academic Subscription
The KEGG database is made freely available to academic users via the KEGG website at https://www.kegg.jp/ or its mirror site at GenomeNet https://www.genome.jp/kegg/. The KEGG API service also provided via the KEGG website may be used to obtain KEGG data for end use by academic users. In addition, the KEGG FTP academic subscriptions are available as a paid service by Pathway Solutions for those academic users who wish to bulk-download KEGG data and/or provide outside services (see background information).
How to subscribeKEGG FTP academic subscriptions (paid service) are available to academic users belonging to academic institutions for the purposes of academic research. To obtain a subscription:
- Register for a KEGG FTP account
- Activate your account by following the link given in the confirmation email you receive
- You will receive a confirmation email
- Login to your account and submit a subscription request, which gives you a link to download your order form and agreement form
- Fill in the order form, sign the agreement form, and send them by email to:
academic @ pathway.jp
Subscription types and feesThere are two subscription types:
- Personal use (see: agreement) -- for a single end user
- Organizational use (see: agreement) -- for a service provider and/or multiple end users
Please select "Personal use" if you are the only end user of the KEGG FTP data.
Please select "Organizational use" if you provide any outside service using the KEGG data.
"Organizational use" also allows multiple end users in the same organization located at the same place. An organization may be a laboratory, a department or a whole institution dependng on who signs the agreement.
The order forms are different depending on if you are outside of Japan or within Japan.
- Personal use outside of Japan (see: order form and agreement)
- Organizational use outside of Japan (see: order form and agreement)
- Personal use within Japan (see: order form and agreement)
- Organizational use within Japan (see: order form and agreement)