KEGG FTP Academic Subscription
The KEGG database is made freely available to academic users via the KEGG website at https://www.kegg.jp/ and its mirror site at GenomeNet https://www.genome.jp/kegg/. The KEGG API service at the KEGG website may also be used to obtain KEGG data for end use by academic users. In addition, the KEGG FTP Academic Subscription is available as a paid service by Pathway Solutions for those academic users who wish to bulk-download KEGG data and/or to provide outside services (see background information).
How to subscribeThe KEGG FTP Academic Subscription (paid service) is available to academic users belonging to academic institutions for the purposes of academic research. To obtain a subscription:
- Send a request using the Request Form
- You will be contacted by Pathway Solutions with necessary documents
- Fill in the order form, sign the agreement form, and send them back to Pathway Solutions
Subscription types and feesThere are two subscription types:
- Personal use (see: agreement) -- for a single end user (see notes below)
- Organizational use (see: agreement) -- for a service provider (see notes below) or multiple end users
In the request form please select "Personal use" if you are the only end user of the KEGG FTP data.
Please select "Organizational use" if you provide any outside service using the KEGG data.
"Organizational use" allows multiple end users in the same organization located at the same place. An organization may be a laboratory, a department or a whole institution depending on who signs the agreement.
- Personal use may be denied if an organization-level agreement is requested by your institution during the purchasing procedure.
- Organizational use with service provider rights is given to individual research groups. When the subscription is requested by a non-research group, such as a library, organizational use for end use only (see: agreement) will be given.